Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Zealand! Day 5 Aug 7

5am start – it got better every morning… My skin was quite tired by now, so my lovely makeup artist gave me a face massage, I wanted to stay there all day. While Jarred got a nice sleep in till about 9am we went halfway up the mountain and shot the sun rising behind me. Amazingly beautiful, but cold and too early. Then down again to do two more looks on a road with the mountains behind. 

Photobucket
Today's make-up.

9am hit, we picked Jarred up and went to another location the crew had found. The Methven B&B. Here we were to finish off what we started yesterday. More strange combinations of underwear and knit stuff. 

Photobucket
A bit of a Blurry shot at the B&B

Six shots later and then FINALLY Jarred had to do some work. Kazumi had sketched some little relationship scenarios she wanted us to act out. You know the ones in magazines that lead into ‘relationship problem’ stories? Them! I always wondered who shot them and when… Now it was me! Although slightly awkward it was quite fun. If there’s ever a time to act a fool I think Jarred and I are supreme candidates. So there we were, him hating me/me hating him, me loving him/him hating me, me slapping him, me not being interested and then pretending to be interested etc. Everyone had a good laugh!

Photobucket
Some of the couple shot outfits. Us being 'awkward'.

Photobucket
I liked this dress! It was by Moschino.

By the afternoon I was becoming quite hyperactive as the prospect of the end of day was getting closer and closer. We finished up in Methven and drove to Christchurch. On the way a herd of sheep ran into us! Quite amusing. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Japanese client wanted a picture of Jarred in front of the sign?! My hair looked funny so I wasn't allowed in!

We arrived in a sunny little town with beautifully kept streets and parks, quaint houses and greenery everywhere. I was completely impressed with Chirstchurch, proud to be half NZ (mums side!). Shoot blah shoot shoot blah blah… All I was worried about was finishing!!

Photobucket

 Finally we wrapped it up and then we drove to our home for the night at the Holiday Inn. We planned to meet back in an hour and go to dinner. We went to a great Korean restaurant – So fun! I hadn’t tried Korean before and I really liked it. I even had raw meat which was surprisingly nice.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Everyone in! L2R. Jun (Hair), Kazumi (editor), Moto (Photographer), Stylist, Coordinator, Yo (photo assistant), Jarred, Me, Kiri (Makeup)
p.s. It was so hard to catch everyones Japanese names!! So some I never got a grasp of! Horrible I know...

Photobucket
Moto kept telling us this was very 'healthy' korean drink...

 Next we roamed around the town – A little festival was on with art instalments and an ice rink as well as some token Harry Christner singers that I joined for a dance! 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Around Christchurch - Cool little art installments everywhere.

Now I’m just on our flight back. 7am out – 4.30am wake up… But that wasn’t unusual.. I think I’ll be Jetlagged when I go back home from all the early starts! A 4.30am start in NZ is 2.30am in aus.

The end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment