Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 3 - 5 Aug

First day of shooting. Make-up and hair 6.30, up the mountain in curlers and full face of makeup including fake eye-lashes – strange looks all round. We sat down and got our selves a little corner of the room and we did a little more hair and make-up. This made me more comfortable because it looked like I had a reason to be so extravagantly made up!

Photobucket

Photobucket
We found out later that the jacket that Jarred is wearing in this picture was a female jacket...

 Eventually the sun came out and it was time to start shooting. Mucho excited to get my skis on as it had been a few years! All felt a little strange but, just like that old ‘riding a bike’ saying it all came back quickly. Jumped off the chair lift mid-way and went down the slope a little (SO FUN!) and stopped. Right. Skis off, camera out, final touch ups stand, wait for GUST of freezing wind and SHOOT!!! We punched them out, waiting for a burst of wind each time (also trying to look ‘sexy’). Got it, great. Back on the skis dooowwwwnnnn the slope. Sweeeeeet.

Photobucket
First picture

Photobucket
Everyone having fun while I sit inside and get my hair done. In the foreground you can also see some
disabled athletes, amazing to watch them zip down the hill.

Shot two. This time Jarred was included he was going to be my fake boyfriend for the week, but I think we look more like brother and sister! The very cool editor of Glitter Kazumi told Jarred he was part of the landscape! Haha. We got out and then found out they had stopped the lift for a while because the winds were above 50km/hr…. No time to wait, so we started climbing up the mountain! This was hilarious. The hair stylist Jun offered to take my skis, I declined but then he grabbed them off me – he regret this later. We probably hiked up about 100m, we were all breathing out of our jacksies and the Japanese crew were crawling up on all fours by the time we stopped!! We did a couple of shots here and then changed outfits up there, the rest of the Mt. Hutt population were watching from below! Bemused I’m sure. 

Photobucket
Hilarious- Jared mooning Mt Hutt. Japanese client chanting 'sexy santa, sexy santa'

Photobucket

Photobucket

The rest of the day was shot after shot, some more chilly then others, including one skirt that was definitely more appropriate for a Japanese girl, it juuustttt covered my butt! They didn’t want me to wear any stockings so I was standing there on the edge of a cliff with mountains behind me, bare legged in the 0degrees with wind blowing!

Photobucket

 

Photobucket
Here I had only these sandals on, toes touched the snow...

That night we finished around 6pm and drove 35km to the next town to find a Thai resturant. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment