Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 4 - 6 August

5.30am start. Face- done, hair - done, back up the mountain. Found our possie in the ski lodge again and got ready for some beauty shots (tight head and shoulders focusing on makeup).

Photobucket
What time do you need to get up to have hair and makeup complete before the sun rises?

Photobucket
Note: Naked arm.

 This meant extravagant hair and make-up which was kind of better because as I walked around and people stared I think (I hope) their thoughts were more like ‘Oh she must be doing a shoot’ instead of the day before when I think their thoughts were ‘why does she have THAT much make up on and her hair done like that for the snow?’. The weather was perrrfect, sun out about 3degress not too much wind. So we took the big lift that wasn’t open the day before allll the way to the top. Stunning up there. Behind our Mt Hutt were hundreds of other mountains topped with snow which we had no idea about! So there was out backdrop.. We went right to the highest point, took off my wwaaaaarrrmmmm jacket and started shooting in a singlet top and fur shawl thing. Finished that and went down. From top to bottom I’d say the run was about 10minutes at a casual pace, perfect!

Photobucket

Next we changed makeup and hair. THIS was funny. Blue eye shadow everywhere, BIG 70’s hair. We thought to save time I’d wear the top for the beauty shot and then a different ski suit over the top so we could shoot both. This was no ordinary ski suit. Very special indeed. BRIGHT pink. With golden pointed buttons – So if you can try to imagine this whole combo, plus sunglasses – ttheenn try to imagine the looks I was getting. Priceless. People really thought I was some freakin psychotic high maintanence maniac. All I needed was a little poodle to ski down the slopes with. 

Photobucket

Once we got to the top I wasn’t laughing any more. The first beauty shot was down in my little singlet in a really windy part. Everyone was helping so much, hugging me every second they could! Jun even let me put my FREEZING hands on his belly! So funny. But then it got worse. Kazumi sprung a change of clothes on me. (they were doing several stories at once, one for ski wear, one for autumn wear, one for underwear). She got me to put on a thin little cotton dress… I believed that I could do it… But then she pulled out little high heals and the thought of taking off my pants and warm socks and ski boots must of shown on my face because she yelled out to the photographer in japanese and turned back to me and said that we could just crop it at my knees and I could pull my pants down to my ankles!! So there I was at the top of mt Hutt. With my pants at my ankles in a thin cotton dress with only undies underneath! Here is where my body wasn’t happy with me. I turned from my mostly happy enough self to a bit of a diva. We finished shooting and shooting and I was so bitterly cold. The coldest I’ve ever been. My hands were passed numb they started a strange ache I’ve never felt… We then had to of course shoot the pink ski suit. I did that, definitely not smiling. As soon as they said DONE. I left everyone behind, ran down to my skis and bolted down the hill. This time it took me about 5 minutes.

Photobucket
Me to the right in pink suit!
I was little miss grumpy face after this. That was it for the mountain, next we were moving to a new location to shoot underwear. I had this in mind all day and didn’t want to eat heaps, as to not feel like a fattie while shooting (I know it sounds lame but you probably havn’t been shot in your undies), but then that all went out the window when they put food in front of me! I still couldn’t feel my feet and hands and I hadn’t smiled for about an hour – but as we drove down the hill and I ate the wedges, a burger and some sushi I felt lots better!!!

Next we got to a little home that they had asked to shoot at and shot underwear/sleepwear all afternoon. This wasn’t that exciting, just the usual. BUT they did have a super cool brown Burmese cat which made me happy. Her name was Marlo. I think it was the long lost sister of my brother's brown Burmese, his name is Milo! Cute!

Photobucket
Marlo!

No comments:

Post a Comment