Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Zealand! Day 1 - 3 Aug

3pm – Booker calls, asks me to come by the agency to pickup my e-ticket for my flight to NZ which is leaving ‘tomorrow morning’. Convo goes something like this:

 Hope: Ok, just so I know, what time does my flight leave?

Boooker: mmm I’ll just look. (ruffles through papers) ………. Oh……… Shit……… You leave tonight…… at 6.20pm… Oh and you might be going to the snow.?!

 The race begins!!

 She sends my ticket via email – I pack my bag in a flap.. What to bring? Maybe snow!? -Lots of warm stuff.

 My boyfriend and Mum were with me so they took me to the airport and after all the rush we find out that the flight is delayed. Time to slow down….

 

Wait, wait, wait, fly, then land in Christchurch at about 12.45 midnight. I found Jarred my colleague for the next few days and we caught a cab to the address we were given. It was like some magical mystery – all we knew was that address, that we left next Saturday, maybe snow and that the client was Japanese. We didn’t even know when they were coming to get us!

No comments:

Post a Comment